It’s the last day of Think Kit. Boo! I’m really sad it’s over. Think Kit has not only challenged me to write daily, but it has also given me the opportunity to grapple with some complicated ideas and issues. In the end, Think Kit has been like a 31-step program for achieving a more thoughtful life.
So here we are, the final question: What are you looking forward to the most about the next 365 days?
- More writing. I’d like to blog 2X a week, and be writing other things at least 3-4 times in a 7 day period.
- More Writing Group. I feel so blessed to have found the 4 remarkable people that comprise my writing group, and I can’t wait to see what we can help each other accomplish in 2014.
- My daughter turning 3! Not that I want her to hurry and grow up, but she’s becoming quite a little personality who speaks so well and wants to take on bigger challenges, and that’s something aging enables.
- Oliver completing his first year at Cold Spring School and graduating to the exciting world of first grade.
- Cutting my hair. I’ve been growing it out for almost two years with the intent to sell it. I’ve got almost 12 inches ready to go, and I am READY to see it gone.
- Sewing more clothes.
- Reading 26 books.
- Watching my husband take a few more steps toward making his dreams happen.
- Planning a trip to Minneapolis.
I could probably go on for a week naming things to anticipate this year if I really pressed myself, but I’ll just wrap this by saying I’m looking forward to the unknown. So much that is great is completely unanticipated–that has certainly been the case this year–and so I don’t want to impose too much on my 2014 by wanting this-or-that from it. I’ll just let it be. I’ll just look forward.