Way back when I was doing Think Kit ’13, my friend Sarah decided that she liked me blogging regularly so much that SHE wanted to create a list of prompts for me to work through, to keep me motivated and torturing everyone with my blog posts.
So she made up a great, cool, awesome, surprising, crazy, inspiring list.
And then I, in a major jerk move, completely forgot about said list. Gaaack.
I’m here to repent. And I’m here to write. Gonna be a Writing Prompt Writer.
- If aliens made contact with the earth, would they be helpful, harmful or apathetic? Would it be like the Hollywood blockbuster INDEPENDENCE DAY?
- Every rose has its thorn. Is this true? Is Poison the worst band in the history of rock and roll?
- Tell a story about the worst driving you have ever seen/experienced/done.
- When did you first truly appreciate your parents?
- The Industrial Revolution changed the face of the modern novel forever. Discuss, citing specific examples.
- What was the first book you read that you loved?
- What was the first band/song you heard that you loved?
- When did you know you wanted to marry your spouse?
- What was the most important thing you took with you from Mr. Wilson’s Advanced Comp and Lit class?
- What is your biggest regret about high school? College? Grad school?
- What’s one mundane life event that inspired a profound experience?
- What is this? A center for ants?
- What is the last movie you saw that caused you to feel differently about life?
- Where is the next place you want to travel?
- When was the last time you looked up at the stars?
- Tell a story about the first time you saw the ocean.
- Is Rocko’s Modern Life worth waking up at 5:30 am to watch? Who is your favorite character?
- When was the first time you felt like an adult?
- What is your name?
- What is your quest?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- What was your biggest disappointment?
- Who is someone who made a fundamental difference in your life?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- What bands from the 1990s will always be remembered? 2000s? 2010s?
- Do you still feel the same way as you used to when you listen to “Slide” from the Goo Goo Dolls?
- What do you think about quotes and the people who use them?
I asked Sarah for a title for this prompt blogging ~experience~ and she said, “I’ve got one more prompt: What would you call this writing challenge?”
Sarah, I hope you’re ready for this.
Readers, I hope you’re ready for this. As I finish a post, I’ll add a link to it in the above list.
We set sail tomorrow. Oh, actually, thanks to my clairvoyance (not really) I already wrote #9. Check it out.